What one wears influences how one thinks and feels. We dress in uniform and look sharp because we want to have sharp minds, and we want to show respect for the school, our work, one another, and ourselves. We also present as a unified, dignified, respectable group when in public.
Students are able to express their unique personalities through a personal choice of hair styles and reasonable jewelry, as long as these are not distracting to the other students. No mullets. No hats.
Girls may wear lip gloss & nail polish, but no other make-up.
If a student arrives at school out of uniform or in violation of the dress code, he or she will be given a uniform to wear for the day and issued with a fine of $5.00 per dress code violation, which will be billed to parents if not paid directly by the student.
SAA DRESS & PERSONAL APPEARANCE POLICY
The beauty and attractiveness of the environment, including our personal appearance, are important. What one wears influences how one thinks and feels. We dress in uniform and look sharp because we want to have sharp minds, and we want to show respect for the school, our work, one another, and ourselves. We also present as a unified, dignified, respectable group to others.
Faculty/Volunteers are expected to dress in a manner that is worthy of emulation and to model how one should dress in a professional work environment. They must be appropriately modest, clean, and neat. They should be able to move comfortably and modestly around the students. Faculty should wear gray coveralls during Practical Arts & martial arts uniforms if participating in the martial arts classes.
Those coming exclusively for Athletics classes (Martial Arts/P.E./Team Sports/Pietra Fitness):
- plain t-shirts or SAA t-shirts
- modest jogging suit bottoms or knee-length athletic shorts
- plain hoodies or sweatshirts
- athletic shoes
Students: CLEAN uniforms must be worn each day. If a student arrives out of uniform or in a noticeably dirty uniform, she will be given a uniform to borrow for the day & fined $5.00. NO WRITING OR PICTURES OF ANY KIND on any part of the uniform.
Practical Arts Uniform:
Neat navy blue coveralls should be worn over the school uniform.
Prefects/Masters may wear gray/moss/army green coveralls.
Conventional Uniform Options:
- Trousers (navy, gray Khaki, or black)
- for girls, uniform skirts/skorts (navy, gray, khaki, black, or plaid in these colors)
* Skirts/skorts must touch the ground when you kneel
* bike shorts or leggings should be worn under skirts/skorts
- Uniform Bermuda Shorts (black, khaki, navy, gray) with NO LOGOS OR TEXT
* Shorts must come down to the knee in order to avoid a dress code violation
- Short-sleeve Polo Shirts (gray, black, white or navy or striped in those colors/house colors) with NO LOGOS OR TEXT
* Prefects may wear SAA Prefect T-shirts any day of the week
* all students may wear SAA t-shirts on Fridays
- Long-Sleeve Polo Shirts (gray, black, white or navy or striped in those colors/house colors) with NO LOGOS OR TEXT
- Sweater (grey, navy, black, white/cream) with NO LOGOS OR TEXT
- Hoodie, plain (with NO LOGOS OR TEXT) or SAA (black, gray, navy, white/cream)
- Cardigan/fleece (black, gray, navy, white/cream) with NO LOGOS OR TEXT
Martial Arts Uniform Options:
- Loose-fitting Martial Arts trousers in white, black, navy, or light blue
- Martial Arts tunic-style shirt in white, black, navy, or light blue
- Chinese cloth Mary Janes/martial arts shoes
The following links provide some purchasing options.
You can find these simple uniform items at Marks & Spencer, who have long provided affordable, durable school uniforms to the British, or at Old Navy, the Gap, Lands End, Walmart, Target, the Children's Place, etc.
Please order your uniforms by July at the latest to make sure you have them in the correct sizes and ready for the beginning of term.
Choice of Tops:
Short-sleeve Polo Shirts (white or navy or striped white/navy/gray/black):
Long-Sleeve Polo Shirts (white or navy)/Sweater (grey, navy, black, white/cream):
Hoodie, plain or SAA/Cardigan/fleece (black, gray, navy, white/cream):
Martial Arts Tops (white, navy, black, gray, light blue):
St. Anthonys shirts
Students will have the opportunity to earn dress down days, and sometimes we will have dress down days for our field trips.
On these days, students may wear a St. Anthonys t-shirt rather than a uniform shirt.
St. Anthonys hoodies & sweatshirts are within the dress code on a daily basis.
You can order shirts in various styles & colors here
Socks & Indoor Slipper options:
Knitted Slipper Socks:
Knitted Sports Socks (black):
Students are free wear any comfortable, flexible athletic shoe/trainer/sneaker.
Shoes must be rubber-soled, flat bottomed, close-toed, and in good condition.
If Martial Arts Uniforms are worns, Chinese slippers in any color may accompany these.