Arts & Life Skills Program
8:30 am - 3:45 pm
8:30 am: Prayer, Martial Arts
8:45 am: Community meeting & Check-in
9:15 am: communal singing of the Divine Office
9:30 am: students learn to sing & play folk music, work on art skills,
go on field trips or listen to guest speakers .
12:15: Divine Office
12:30 pm: lunch & leisure - after lunch, students may play chess, read in a hammock, play foursquare or basketball, etc.
1st, 3rd, 5th Fridays:
1:30 pm: Restoration of Christian Coffee speaker series - UD professors, professionals, & priests generously deliver interesting lectures on various topics; students make & serve coffee drinks, welcome and greet guests and speakers, listen to the lectures & participate in the discussion
2nd, 4th Fridays:
1:30 pm: Life Skills lessons & role playing - students will learn to create a budget, write a resume, how to behave in a job interview, what to look for in buying a car, how to invest in stock and open an IRA, etc.
3:30 pm: chores
3:45 pm: pick-up
Life Skills Class Schedule
What every student should know by the time she graduates
1. How to handle housing: renting & buying; apartments, condos, houses; leasing agreements, etc.
2. How to get around: car buying & upkeep, using public transportation
3. How to eat properly: menu planning, food shopping, balanced diet
4. How to clothe yourself properly: dressing appropriately for various circumstances, wise clothes shopping
5. What to do if you’re sick & your mother is not there
6. How to create a sustainable budget
7. How to apply for a job: filling out an application, writing a resume, interviewing, behaving professionally
8. How to keep learning: further education, professional development, skills training
9. How to avoid scary people online: social media dangers, email scams, etc.
10. How to form appropriate relationships: marriage, celibacy, and religious life, discernment, communication
11. How to get your money to make money: investment, stocks, bonds, IRAs, etc.
12. How (& who) to ask for help when you need it
Step One: Read through our Handbook & determine if your family can agree to our policies
Step Two: Contact the Directress for an interview
Step Three: Fill out the Registration Forms below
Please print, fill out, and return the forms below (Emergency Care & Release of Liability and the Transportation Permission Slip) to 1221 N. Irving Heights Dr., Irving, TX 75061 to complete your enrollment process.
Emergency Care & Liability Release
Transportation Permission Slip